General Questions for SQL Server Hosting
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed SQL Server-as-a-Service hosting service. Our SQL Server hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your SQL Server-as-a-Service hosting platform?
- It is our quick evolving SQL Server hosting solution. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed hosting service mean?
- Fully managed SQL Server hosting means that all SQL Server online databases on our platform are completely managed by us, such as the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports SQL Server administrative functions, including database & user management, Firewall Rules, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed SQL Server hosting service?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed SQL Server hosting services with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
- Currently, we have four data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
Technical Questions for SQL Server Hosting
01. What SQL Server version do you support?
- Currently, we only provide SQL Server 2017 Express and SQL Server 2019 Express.
02. Does your managed SQL Server support SSL connection?
- Yes. The SSL connection is enabled by default for each newly created SQL Server database on our cheap SQL Server hosting platform.
03. Is the full-text search feature enabled in your hosted SQL Server?
- Yes, the full-text search feature is enabled in the hosted SQL Server.
04. Do you do backups for my online SQL Server database?
- Yes. Our SQL Server Kubernetes platform takes backups for each database regularly. The backup frequency varies by hosting plan.
05. Can I take backups of my database in your SQL Server cloud hosting?
- Yes. You can back up the databases via our SQL Server hosting control panel and download them.
06. How can I manage my SQL Server databases and users?
- You can manage databases and users in the control panel in our cheap SQL Server hosting.
07. Do you support shared hosting in your cheap SQL Server hosting?
- No. Our fully managed SQL Server on Kubernetes is based on standalone SQL Server instance.
08. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your cheap SQL Server hosting?
- We currently support the private cloud from our four data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
09. Can I monitor the resource usage of SQL Server on SQL Server hosting plans?
- Yes. Our control panel supports real-time resource usage monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
10. Do you support SQL Server Cluster?
- No. We support single-instance SQL Server deployment.
11. Do you provide sa user for online SQL Server?
- No, we do not provide the sa user by default. However, clients can create super users in our client panel.
12. What are the supported features of the SQL Server database?
- We support the Express edition of SQL Server 2017 and 2019. For details of features supported by both versions, please refer to the links. 2017 edition, 2019 edition
13. Are there any limitations for Microsoft SQL Server Express?
- Yes, Microsoft SQL Server Express has a 10 GB maximum database size and other important limits. For details, please refer to the documentation.
14. Can I migrate my SQL Server Express lower than the 2017 version onto your platform?
- Yes, we can help restore SQL Server Express 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 to the 2017 or 2019 version of SQL Server on our platform.
15. Do you provide SQL Server web and standard edition?
- No, our SQL Server cloud hosting platform does not provide these two editions at the moment. However, you can get them at SQL Server Mart, a division of our sister company Database Mart.
Sales Questions for SQL Server Hosting
01. Can I try SQL Server hosting plans before payment?
- Yes. New clients can enjoy a free trial before payment.
02. What SQL Server hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. Our SQL Server hosting plan upgrade is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my SQL Server online?
- The deployment of a SQL Server on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront.
08. How many free trial deployments can I have?
- For each account, three free deployments are allowed at a time during the trial.
09. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please sign up at https://www.mssqlclusters.com and click the "Free Trial" button at the end of your interested plan.
10. Can I end my trial and upgrade the plan?
- Of course. You can upgrade to the paid subscription at any time during the free trial. Thank you.
Billing Questions for SQL Server Hosting
01. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
02. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
03. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
04. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.